All matters of a criminal nature are maintained by the Clerk of Courts. Therefore, all motions or petitions having a direct affect on a particular case are filed with the Clerk of Courts Office. The Clerk of Courts Office has the responsibility to notify the defendant and his or her attorney whenever any matter is filed in a case. Additionally more than 5,000 collection statements are mailed each month to criminal defendants who are required to pay fines and costs. Other services include:
- Processing of expungements.
- Bail bonds
- Microfilming and archiving all records.
- Collection of all court imposed fines, costs and restitution and distributing those collections to Beaver County, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Municipalities, and restitution to crime victims processing fingerprint cards for individuals who are applying for a Private Detective License or a Private Detective who wishes to hire individuals to work for their agency.
- Completing record searches for the municipal police departments, the Pennsylvania State Police, outside government agencies and for the Department of Public Welfare.
A sampling of the reports this office must complete are as follows:
- Notify the Department of Transportation of every conviction or acquittal related to a Motor Vehicle Offense and certain Drug Offenses.
- Complete a detailed report to the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts on each case disposition.
- Prepare County Jail commitments and all commitments to the various State Correctional Institutions.
- Prepare and distribute Bench Warrants, process Orders for Transfer Of Prisoner and Bail Bonds.
- Prepare and compile all appeals to Superior Court, Supreme Court and Commonwealth Court.
- Request suspension of operating privilege for nonpayment of court-imposed fines.
- Costs and restitution.
- Conduct arraignments, and assist the Court of Common Pleas in any manner possible.